Thursday, July 2, 2009

Still nothing

For those hoping the next update included some cuddly baby pics, you are going to be disappointed. No news yet and at least seemingly, it doesn't seem to be progressing at all. Not that I'd know what it feels like to have labor progressing, but still. I still feel the same as I did a few days ago, last week, etc. -- uncomfortable and really, really hoping that I wasn't pregnant anymore.

In the meantime, here are a few highlights from the last few days:

1) Last night I didn't have a single drop of liquid after 7pm, went to bed at midnight and still had to get up NINE, yes NINE, times to pee before 8am.

2) Some people I know put together a "When is Mary going to pop?" pool and someone picked July 22nd. I'm due July 8th. Kevin and I just watched Slingblade again and I'm having thoughts of heading over to said person's house with a lawnmower blade for even suggesting that date.

3) I found out that Kevin has been using me as an excuse to get out of things, mainly related to work. Keep in mind that even I haven't used this as an excuse to get out of work yet. At a banquet the other night, a co-worker busted Kevin for it -- apparently Kevin had told said co-worker the week prior that he couldn't come in "because Mary is having some contractions and we have to head to the hospital." Well, when the co-worker brought up my contractions to me at the banquet, I had no idea what he was talking about and said "I haven't had any contractions yet." Liar, liar, pants on fire...that's what you get for making me look like the panicky, over-anxious, first-time mom. I definitely snickered at Kevin's self-induced embarassment...is that mean?

So far, those are the highlights (well, lowlights, really) of my week. Hope everyone else has had a more enjoyable pre-4th week. Our weekend plans consist of hopefully having a baby, but if not, the backup plans aren't too shabby. Probably go to "The Hangover" on Friday and then golf on Saturday and/or Sunday. And definitely get some weeding done in my garden...my poor, poor garden has been woefully neglected in the past week.

Safe travels and Happy 4th of July everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

settlement loans