Monday, June 29, 2009

No news is good news?

I'm starting to rethink that phrase after my weekly appointment today. Nothing new or major to report, so any hopes of going a little early are starting to fade. Not that I was counting on it or anything, but one can always hope.

I've apparently become a burden to the sleeping patterns of the others in my house....namely our dog, LaFawnduh. She has always slept next to me in bed or on the floor next to my side of the bed. Over the course of the last 10 days or so, she's started moving to Kevin's side early in the night. She will usually start on my side, but after about the third time of me getting up to go pee in the middle of the night, she flips me the "are we really going to do this again?" look. So, I've officially lost my cuddle buddy. Hopefully she comes back around to me at some point. Kip, of course, isn't phased in the least....very similar to Kevin.

Speaking of Kevin, now that I'm awake more throughout the night, I've become more aware of his snoring. It isn't too loud, but it certainly doesn't help me to fall back asleep with the soft melody of a snore going on in the background. So I've started waking him up to get him to roll over. Here's how the conversation usually goes:

Me (while shaking him vigorously): "Kevin....roll over. Kevin. Kevin...you're snoring. Kevin. KEVIN. YOU'RE SNORING! ROLL OVER!"

Kevin: "Huh? What? Huh?"

Me: "You're snoring. Roll over."

Kevin: "I am not. I'm not even sleeping!"

While that conversation might make sense the first time I wake him up or even ocassionally when he is very tired, I am not lying when I say it happens nearly every night. Yep. This is my life. Welcome to it. I'm a lucky, lucky gal. As I've said before, hands off ladies.

Lastly, because I've promised some pics of the nursery to a few people, here it is. I think it is all ready to go. A little decorating left to do, but I want to wait until the baby comes to add anything else. God forbid this kid hates everything I put up in the room. We'll let him or her have some say in the decorations I guess. Well, I guess not a say really....unless, of course, I go very late and the kid is already talking when I finally pop him or her out.




3 comments:

  1. That's an awesome post!! Its great because that is the exact conversation I have with Jake on 3-4 time a week basis, literally verbatim...jut insert Jake....

    Nursey looks great...Are those painted squares above the crib or wall hangings...they look awesome! Well Done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The squares are painted...by yours truly. I'm obviously very talented. ;)

    ReplyDelete

 

settlement loans