Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

No, this isn't a review of a Clint Eastwood film. I'll save that for another day. Instead, since we've been home about 2 1/2 weeks now, I thought I'd give a little rundown of some of the highs and lows we've come across as new parents.

THE GOOD:

1. Nothing in my life prior to this point compares with the feeling of Lindsay's tiny little fingers holding onto the neck of my shirt as I hold onto her.

2. Seeing her little smiles warms my heart.

3. Her expressions/movements are hilarious -- she's like a little adult already.

4. We've been able to catch up on some of our Netflix movies since we are at home more.

5. No one questions me when I wear my pajamas all day...or wonders why it takes me until 2pm to get around to brushing my teeth.

THE BAD:

1. Spending 2-3 hours in the middle of the night watching Lindsay look around is more exhausting than I ever could've imagined.

2. Worrying about everything that can happen to her is terrifying.

3. The extra laundry isn't necessarily a welcome task.

4. We've been able to catch up on some of our Netflix movies since we are at home more.

5. She sounds like a sailor when she burps after eating.

THE UGLY:

1. Cleaning poop that has seeped out of her diaper is pretty disgusting...especially at 4am.

2. Having her vomit run down my chest and into my bra isn't necessarily desirable...especially at 4am.

3. Having her pee shoot all over the changing table and her clothing while I'm changing her is not what I have in mind when I start the process...you guessed it, especially at 4am.

4. I wonder if the neighbors think about calling the police while we are giving Linsday a bath. Screams of bloody murder roll through the house during bath time.

That is our life in a nutshell right now. Live it and love it....and try not to vomit when I'm puked on or pooped on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

settlement loans