Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I thought I was prepared

....but after dinner last night with a brand-new mom, a mom with a one-year old and a multiple-child mom, I realize I most certainly am not prepared for the labor.

All that talk of hemorroids, cutting, stitching, post-labor baths, smells, ruined shoes, bad doctors, late epidurals and 24-hour labors kept me up all night. I'll spare the dirty details for those that are about to head out to lunch.

I can't change my mind at this point, but holy hell, what a reality check. Nurserys, shower invites and baby clothes are so much fun to pick out and look at, that I had forgotten about the upcoming nightmare that comes first! No worries, message received ladies. Thanks a bundle.

One of the participants of the get together, Jen, earlier in the evening had pushed for me to change the name of this blog to "The White Huxtables"....but after the aforementioned discussion, there is no way we follow up Baby Best #1 with a Denise, Theo, Vanessa and Rudy. So anyone hoping for 5 from this person can most definitely kiss that dream goodbye!

So thanks for the wonderful evening. You each owe me a couple hours of sleep. ;)

2 comments:

  1. WHAT!?! We aren't going to have 5 kids?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just keep thinking about the good things until you go into the hospital, and then start worrying about what's going to happen! That approach worked well for me. :)

    ReplyDelete

 

settlement loans