Monday, June 8, 2009

Yes...I'd say I've "popped"

Let me give you a short list of things that are more difficult at 36 weeks pregnant:

1) Getting out of bed -- both because of extreme exhaustion and because I literally can't physically get out of bed.

2) Sitting for hours at a time -- ie, what I do for a living.

3) Standing up after sitting down.

4) Standing for more than 15-20 minutes.

5) Laying down for more than a couple hours.

So I guess what I'm trying to tell you is that sitting, standing and laying down are all pretty much out of the question....at least if I need to do any of those things for more than 5-10 minutes. I'm very quickly learning that there is very little one can do to avoid those 3 activities. I've got $5 for the first person to come up with a position or activity that will give me 1 hour of comfort. I was going to say I'd bake them a cake, but Lord knows a cake stands no chance with me in the same room right now. Hell, I damn near ate the fingers off the lady who served me my Icee at Target yesterday because she was taking too long....a cake definitely wouldn't stand a chance.

Anyway, I have a sneaking suspicion that none of these things are going to get easier over the next 4 weeks and 2 days. I'm actually to the point of having to roll myself off my bed because I can't sit up...now THAT is something to write home about. I sometimes feel like I'll need Kevin around the next 4 weeks just to roll me to my car everyday to get me off to work. At the rate this belly is growing, I'm not even sure I'll fit behind the steering wheel in a couple weeks, let alone into work clothes. I contemplating a complete toga wardrobe soon....so if anyone has some stylish sheets they are willing to pass along....

Ah, the joys...

4 comments:

  1. I remember that getting in and out of bed was seriously the hardest part during the last month! That and putting on socks. So much effort. Plus it's super annoying when you have to do it so many times getting up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. I think the rolling technique works the best. Let me tell you, though, getting to sleep on your stomach and back again feels great! Not too much longer now, hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've actually taken to using the side of the headboard to pull myself up...thank the Lord that we had the foresight to choose a style of headboard that would allow me to do so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU ARE ALMOST DONE, MARY! HOLD ON...YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 favs... recliner... pillows...

    A lot of pillows (a body pillow) for the back or between the knees. My hands use to go numb in the 7-9th month so I propped a pillow from my head to my belly (personal favorite) to raise my shoulders a bit better circulation. Solved the problem. One between the knees helped the lower back and leg cramps.

    My doc said to sleep on your left side for breathing, circulation/blood pressure, leg cramps and right side for digestion.

    I worked at Robertson Home Center and a wheel barrow often appeared by my desk as a joke... By the 9th month I thought I might have to use it... :)

    I'm predicting a boy in your future. On the bright side you don't have far to go and most of the books out there should be used as a form of birth control for teens. Scares the hell out of you and most of it isn't true or is over analyzed.

    The socks you are on your own. Flip flops anyone... Imagine walking into court and listening to the flip flops as you walk down the isle. Sorry judge I can't put my socks on... lol

    Take care

    ReplyDelete

 

settlement loans