Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I've got no legs!

Or so you'd think. We have officially entered the tantrum zone. Sweet-natured 90% of the time, but that other 10% is proving to be equal parts hilarious and incredibly frustrating. One moment you have this staring at you....

....and the next moment you have this laying at your feet.



The first few times it was cute and funny....almost endearing. The next few times it was somewhat comical, but getting a little old. After that it was just downright maddening and absolutely ridiculous. And that was in the first hour of her starting this new trick.
I mean, look at this. Like really closely.


Did I push her off a chair? Did I abuse her puppy? Did I take her favorite toy away? No, no and no.

What did I do? Well, would you believe me if I told you that I took my shoes off? Believe it or not, that is what I did to incite this scene. Apparently she didn't like my socks. Or maybe I have smelly feet.

I'd like to say that it usually doesn't come out for something so mundane, but in all actuality, it is always because of something mundane. We shut the door....tantrum. We wash the dishes....tantrum. We take her out of her high chair when she is done eating....tantrum. It is probably 5 or 6 times a day that she loses all control of her leg muscles and collapses to the ground in an apparent bout of temporary paralysis. I just wish it were her lungs that were paralyzed during the tantrums.

1 comment:

  1. oh as much as I am laughing my face off at your blog.....i know my time is coming.... probably sooner than later! Kynlee has started this high pitched scream when she wants something. I give in IMMEDIATELY because I hate the sound.....wrong choice I know, I may be trying to take that back for decades to come! I will be sure to come to you for advice in about 8 months (or sooner) when this is the newest stage in my life.... :)

    ReplyDelete

 

settlement loans