Sunday, January 23, 2011

Gifted? Probably not.

The other morning I had a little time to kill before I could drop Lindsay off at daycare, so I decided to get out evening bath out of the way in the morning. I brought Lindsay in the shower with me and afterwards I put her little robe on and she ran out of the bathroom into the living room. As I was drying my hair, I see Lindsay walk back into the bathroom and take some toilet paper off the roll and walk back out into the living room.

I was more than a little curious because usually she just eats the toilet paper. I walked out to find her wiping something off the floor. Turns out she peed on the floor while standing there with her robe on, but no diaper on. She then proceeded to walk back to the bathroom, get some toilet paper, walk back to the living room and attempt to clean it up.

I couldn't believe it! Clearly, she must be gifted. Normal 18-month-olds just don't have these sorts of abilities. I was just getting ready to sign her up for classes for gifted children when Kevin pointed out that the fact she stood in the living and peed on the floor might be a sign that gifted isn't the word we should use to describe her.

Point taken. No gifted classes for now.

2 comments:

  1. Gifts come in many mysterious forms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say gifted is right on! :) GREAT job Lindsay! And now its time to start potty training!!! :) I have to admit I am slightly jealous that she is going to be easy to train! Kynlee is already showing me what type of a challenge that she will be (in all areas!)

    ReplyDelete

 

settlement loans