Monday, October 19, 2009

A month? Really?

Holy smokes! Can't believe it has already been a month since I last posted....shameful. I've been a very bad blogger. Trying to get into a routine has been a difficult task for me and is the excuse I'll use this time. To all my loyal readers (okay, reader...thanks Mom!), I will try to keep this updated much more often.

Anyway, onto the star of the show. It has now been 3 months since Lindsay joined us...I can't believe it has already been that long! Lindsay has been great since our last post. She sleeps through the night every night. In fact, I can't remember the last time she woke up in the middle of the night (jinx, I'm sure). Even better than that is that she is now smiling all the time! From the time I wake her up in the morning to when she goes to bed, it seems we can get smiles on command -- except when we are trying to get a picture of it. But we have been able to get a couple. Here's her doing her best Chris Farley impression(think "Fat Guy in a Little Coat"):


And here's her getting ready for Daddy's 30th birthday party:


She's really seemed to settle in nicely. In fact, she's already taken up some of my favorite activities. Relaxing in the chair...


...wishing Dad would stop making silly jokes...


...watching our puppies play...


...and enjoying a good party....

Don't worry...that is salami...not a PBR.

All in all, things are going pretty good. Just plugging along, enjoying life. I will say that I've been impressed with Lindsay's expressions and faces she makes. Kevin has taken to calling one of her faces her "Yoda" face. When she makes it, he'll talk in his best Yoda voice and say something like "go to bed, would you like?" That is usually good for one or two laughs a day. Even harder than catching her smiling is catching her in her Yoda look...until a couple days ago when I got the perfect picture of it...including her ears sticking way out (why did that have to be the ONE thing she inherited from me?). With the ears and the way her face thins out below her chunky cheeks, I have to admit, she does show some similarities to Yoda. Poor girl.

Hopefully that look doesn't stick around too long...or she'll have a tough go of it through middle school. We probably can worry about that later though.

Happy Fall, everyone....until next time, be well!

2 comments:

  1. LOVED this pics, how dang cute is she! :) and the ears....I love it! :) Oh and speaking of things in middle school or 9th grade...did you save the sailer dress for her? I am not sure we can find them any more but we could get someone to sew her one when the time comes for her first snowball/homecoming dance. You should carry on that tradition. :) glad to see you are back blogging, i took a 6 month vacation, now I am back though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, posting becomes a chore now. Yet, it needs to be done!

    ReplyDelete

 

settlement loans