Thursday, September 17, 2009

WHAT a weekend!

This past weekend was a big one for Lindsay -- what I'm sure will be the first of many, she went to her first college party! Not technically, I suppose -- there wasn't a keg or any togas involved -- but it was a party and we were on campus. Uncle Ryan and I took Lindsay down to the opening of The Bank -- the Gopher's fancy new stadium. To help her fit in a little better, I decided to put her in her tye-dye shirt -- all the hippies loved her!


Along with everyone else, we were VERY impressed with the new home of the Gophers.

Quite the day! We got to campus around 4:00 and didn't get back home until 11:30 -- namely because Uncle Ryan and I got lost on the campus looking for our car.

Sunday was the season opener for our beloved Vikings, so we had Aunt Lindsay and Uncle Jeremy over...and Evan, of course. They were nice enough to let us borrow Evan's chair and Lindsay has fallen in love with it! This is her watching football that afternoon...she is so chill in it. Like she's been doing it all her life!


Then, of course, Sunday night were the VMA's on MTV! In case anyone was wondering, yes, I do still watch MTV. And I love, love, love the VMA's. So, Lindsay and I watched them together. Like everyone else that watched, she had quite the range of emotions. This is her during Michael Jackson's tribute (the dance portion, not dumb Madonna's speech):
She's a big fan of Michael. Afterall, I love him and the two of them are undeniably linked -- she was born on the day of his funeral. That was the first thing she watched on TV with me. Of course, the good vibes were quickly ruined by Kanye and his jackassy ways -- she just couldn't believe what was happening:


And just in case anybody was doubting exactly how weird Lady Gaga could be, she reminded us repeatedly throughout the broadcast. Lindsay certainly was not impressed with the wardrobe changes and disturbing freakshow she put on:


And lastly, maybe she was just tired from a long weekend, but I like to think this shows how unimpressed she is with Russell Brand's humor:


4 comments:

  1. I take it you found your car safe and sound and it was not stolen by thugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Thankfully, this time we just got off the bus at the wrong stop and had to walk to find it. If a second vehicle would've been stolen by thugs, I would've taken it as a sign that either a) we should join a gang, or 2) we should start our own gang.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just for one second I might think that we weren't related then it comes to me that there is no question in my mind we are. I too watch the VMA's with some judgement of my peers, You have no idea how funny I found this post. Lindsay's face was completely priceless and fitting in every instance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We watched the VMA's and agree with the jackassy ways of kanya... go taylor swift... Beyonce showed a lot of class tho. MJ fan as well. Cute pics they are perfectly matched to your blog, love the stories keep them coming, looking forward to your next blog. GO VIKINGS

    ReplyDelete

 

settlement loans