Friday, October 5, 2012

What's missing?

A long, long time ago (September 19th), Kevin and I left for a long weekend trip to Orlando, FL. Kevin had a conference and I had....well....I had to sit by the pool while he was at the conference. We had grand, old time.

We ate well:



We drank (very) well....that pink drink is Kevin's:



And we swam with the dolphins (some people might call them ducks):


And while we were gone, Lindsay was having fun with Grandma and Grandpa Pfeifer and the pups back in Rosemount.

But that wasn't all the fun they were going to have because not only did they all hang out together in Rosemount for a few days while we were away, Lindsay was going back to Watford City (that's in North Dakota for all you out of state readers) to stay with both sets of grandparents and hang with the rest of the family.

TWO WEEKS! "What will you do with yourselves for that long?" was the question we were asked dozens of times prior to our trip. Well, we found lots of stuff to do.

We ate at nice restaurants:


We enjoyed some more libations:


We golfed (I'll let you decide if I drove the ball that close to the flag):


And we ate at some more restaurants:


That took up about 4 days. And then we were bored....because all we want to do is play Uno Moo with this kid:


I joke that this means we are too old for fun and are boring suburbanites, but what it really means is that this little monster has buried herself in my soul. I wouldn't have it any other way. If that makes me old and boring, so be it, I guess.

Herein ends the sappy part....and the blog post. Because this girl is hopping in the car to head to Fargo soon to get my little girl back!

1 comment:

  1. She's only been gone from our house since Wednesday and we already miss her. But, the good part is that we get to see her again in 3 weeks. (Sorry, Mary and Kevin, we'll get to see you guys too,)

    ReplyDelete

 

settlement loans