Monday, June 27, 2011

A Whole New Level

After a weekend in which her babysitter (who had her all day Saturday and Sunday) said to me that Lindsay was awesome, easy and never whined or cried about anything, today was something else. After picking Lindsay up from daycare, she said she wanted a juicebox. I told her that she could have one when we got home.

And that's when all hell broke loose.

She literally lost her shit immediately after me saying "Sure, when we get home you can." I have never heard her scream so loud or high-pitched. I whipped my head around because I thought something had to have come through the door and attacked her or something.

But no, she was screaming a horror-movie quality scream while kicking her legs and pounding her fists. I honestly couldn't believe it was happening, let alone that she went from 0 to 60 in 3 seconds. I figured I had a good 10 years before I had to deal with this. Holy smokes.

It lasted for the next 90 seconds (a VERY LONG time when that noise is being made), at which time I decided I would take the time to stop at the gas station just so I could rest my ears for a couple minutes while the car filled. And wouldn't you know it, the second I got out and closed the door she stopped screaming. I guess even she couldn't keep up the fake drama of the 5-minute wait for a juice box.

I'm not sure if I won the battle or not, because she still got her juicebox about 20 minutes later.

2 comments:

  1. Okay so I believe that children save ALL bad behavior for parents. Kynlee was at a friend of ours for 12 hours the other day, they said she was the easiest child to take care of...sounds wonderful until the next morning from 7:30-8:00 when she proceeded to preform roughly 257 temper tantrums. No reason at all. Just putting on a show. Why on earth did my child have to get the drama from me, why couldnt she get one of my nice qualities. It is going to be a LONG time until this kid graduates....and after that I know they don't stop (trust me, I am an expert!) :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

 

settlement loans