Saturday, April 30, 2011

Another redneck moment...

If I've learned anything since becoming a parent, it's that you have to be flexible and at times, need to improvise. That lesson was never more prevalent than on Easter Sunday. Kevin and I had separate vehicles at dinner and he left a little earlier than Lindsay and I. Just before Kevin left, I changed Lindsay's diaper and put the bag back in Kevin's car. When he left, so did the diaper bag. And sure enough, Lindsay destroyed her diaper about 10 minutes later.

We were at my cousin Laura's house and being a kid-free environment, there weren't any diapers on the premises. We tried stuffing Lindsay's pants with paper towel, but that wasn't working so great. But then Laura came up with a genius idea.....a maxi-pad. Of course, that would never work for an extended period of time, but for a 45-minute trip home, it might suffice.

So we rigged it up:


Wouldn't you know it if it didn't work? We put in the maxi-pad, threw down some paper towel in her car seat just in case and hit the road. When we got home, no messes!

I can't say I'm surprised that it was another Pfeifer that was my partner in crime for this redneck-esque act, but I realized that redneck or not, improvisation can be added to my list of skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

settlement loans